LPL Financial Account View
We are excited to invite you to gain access to the new Account View site. Based on state-of-the-art technology, Account View offers an improved user interface, streamlined navigation and many features, including:
• Easy access to accounts, statements, tax documents and trade confirmations
• Additional transaction history available
• Access to current market data
• Enhanced security features
For an overview of the features of the site, watch the Account View video below .
The first time you access Account View, you will need to go through a one-time verification process which will only take a few minutes.
You can access Account View through our website or the new address, www.myaccountviewonline.com . You will need to enter your existing username and password and will then be prompted to complete a series of security questions. For detailed instructions, please reference the One-Time Verification guide below.
Please be advised that you are required to enter the last four digits of your Social Security Number the first time you log in to the new Account View. There have been some concerns about entering this online, so we felt it was important to provide a detailed explanation as to why this is required, how we are ensuring this is secure and how we are addressing these concerns.
The new Account View is more than a design change; it is a completely new "platform" built from the ground up. To develop this more robust platform, LPL Financial needed to develop a new approach with you at the core. The "old" Account View is based on accounts and account numbers, and it does not track your investor information. The new Account View uses an investor-based approach. This makes it easier for you to keep track of multiple accounts and to receive a complete picture of your investments. The new platform also provides a foundation to deliver greater capabilities and benefits to you in the future.
Since no investor profiles existed in the old Account View, LPL Financial needed to create new investor profiles matched to their respective accounts. For security purposes, our compliance, security and IT teams determined that creating such profiles would require the collection of information specific to each investor to validate his/her identity and protect the account from unauthorized access. This decision is why we require the SSN, as well as some other information during your first login. This data and transmission process is extremely well protected, since it is sent to LPL Financial using the same type of identity verification and encryption methods used by banks and e-commerce companies.
Nevertheless, we understand concerns you likely have entering your Social Security number, and we have taken steps to mask the number.
Please feel free to call the office for more information. As always, thank you for your business.
LPL Financial & Retirement Geeks
The documents below will help you access the new account view (all documents are in PDF format and open in a new tab/window).
- One-Time Verification Process: Clients who are currently accessing Account View will be required to complete a one-time verification process before getting started with the new Account View. This document will you through each step of the process.
- Getting Started with Account View: For clients who are not currently accessing Account View, this guide will walk you through the initial set-up of your Account View profile.
- Account View Brochure: The new Account View brochure highlights the great features of the new site along with useful training.